In the era of mobile technology and various smart devices, the mentions of the IMEI code is far from being rare. Many people have heard about it and know a thing or two about it, but I can assure you that there is so much more that you need to know about this unique code. If you read this article, you will learn multiple ways about how and where you can find the IMEI code of your iPhone or iPad, their ICCID or the serial number.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI when your mobile phone device is connected to iTunes
- Make sure that your iTunes version is 7.6 or newer.
- Open the iTunes app on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable and wait for the iTunes to recognize it, then select it.
- Click on the tab that says “summary”, and there you will find the serial number of your iPhone, and its IMEI code if in the same tab you just click on the option “phone number.”
- For discovering the ICCID, in the summary tab, click on “IMEI.”
Since your IMEI code can be useful to you in so many situations, like for example discovering if the iPhone is locked or blocked, now that you finally see it you can try to memorize it, or you can be smarter than that and write it down on a piece of paper.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI code when your iPhone is not connected to the iTunes.
- For this method, you should definitely have one of the latest if not the latest iTunes versions. Check online for updates and make sure that you have iTunes 8.1 at least/
- Windows users will have to click on EDIT and then PREFERENCES, while Mac users will have to directly go t PREFERENCES, in the iTunes app of course.
- Finally, you should click on DEVICES and then hover your mouse pointer over the iPhone backup to see the IMEI code and the serial code if that code also interests you.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI code in the ABOUT entry of your iPhone
This method is pretty much obvious. For all those of you who haven’t been playing around your iPhone’s menu here is a fun thing to do:
- Go to SETTINGS.
- Select ABOUT
- List for a second until you see the serial number and the IMEI number of the iPhone in your hand.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI code by checking out its backside
This is maybe my favourite method for discovering the IMEI code of any iPhone mobile phone device. It can only not work if, for some reason, someone has replaced your iPhone’s backside if that is even possible. To use this method with success, all you need to do is turn around your iPhone or remove the protective case if you have one. Then, have a look at the bottom of the backside, and you should spot the IMEI code engraved there.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI code by calling *#60#
This is another one of the IMEI finding methods that require a minimum effort on the user’s part. Believe it or not, this magical number works on all Apple devices, and it can also work on the Android devices too. Just open the dialling pad of your iPhone and dial *#60# you will immediately see the iPhone’s IMEI code on the screen.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI code on the SIM tray
The SIM card tray is the last place that I would check if I wanted to find out the IMEI code of my iPhone, but to my surprise, this method works, and the IMEI code is genuinely there. Just use the unique pin to easily make the SIM card tray pop out and have a close look. IMEI is there! In some cases the IMEI you might see there could not be right especially if your iPhone is bought from another user and that user has changed the tray for some reason.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI code on the box it came in
The IMEI code is always printed on a sticker or the original packaging box of your iPhone. So, if you still have or keep the original box here is an excellent method you can use to find the IMEI code of your iPhone or iPad.
Find your iPhone’s IMEI code from the activation screen
Usually, when your iPhone is iCloud locked or it has just been restored, there is an activation screen when you power on your iPhone or iPad. When you see this screen click on the (i), and you can see not only your device’s IMEI code but its UDID too.
Now you know all possible ways for finding your IMEI code, serial code UDID or ICCID. Find which method works best for you and make sure you share with us in the comments section below.